DelveInsight has announced the addition of ‘Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2027‘ report to its offerings. Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) is the most common type of liver cancer, and, also a leading cause of cancer-related deaths worldwide. The incidence and subsequent mortality of the disease is on a continuous upsurge despite gradually improving screening, diagnosis, and treatment. The disease is found to be more common in males as compared to females.
According to the DelveInsight report, the total incident cases of HCC in the G8 countries i.e., the United States, EU-5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the U.K.), Japan, and China, were found to be 4,58,170 in 2016, while the corresponding diagnosed advanced HCC cases in the G8 countries were found to be 1, 60,565 for the same year.
Based upon the type of therapies received by the patients, the number of cases in G8 countries receiving first line of therapies and second line of therapies were estimated to be 39,224 and 14,215, respectively, in 2016.
In Japan, fewer patients are diagnosed at later stages of the disease owing to the advanced surveillance system that helps in early diagnosis & treatment. Unlike Japan, the treatment affordability in China is poor, resulting in lesser patient pool that receive pharmacological treatment. On the other hand, in case of Western countries, more patients are usually diagnosed in later/advanced state of the disease.
Moving on to the market outlook of the disease, as per DelveInsight”s analysis conducted for the period of 2016-2027, the market size of Hepatocellular Carcinoma is expected to reach USD 3.8 Billion in 2027 for the G8 countries. The United States had the highest market share of HCC in 2016, as compared to the EU5 countries, Japan and China. Among the EU5 countries, Italy accounted for the highest market size, while the UK had the lowest market in 2016.
Currently, the therapeutic market size of HCC is majorly dominated by a protein Kinase Inhibitors i.e., Nexavar (Sorafenib; Bayer) followed by other second line of treatments and off-label chemotherapies. Opdivo (Bristol-Myers Squibb [only in US]) and Stivarga (Bayer) received FDA approval in 2017 and both are expected to depict a remarkable growth on the market front. Miripla (Miriplatin, Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma) has been approved only in Japan for the treatment of patients. Recently, in March 2018, Lenvima has also received approval for the treatment of patients with unresectable Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) in Japan. Other emerging therapies focussing on the treatment of HCC are Ramucirumab, Cabozantinib etc. Amongst all the upcoming therapies, Lenvima holds the highest expectations, as per the expert opinions of the analysts.
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Hepatocellular Carcinoma market.
- To understand the future market competition in the Hepatocellular Carcinoma market and Insight reviews of the key market drivers and barriers.
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the Hepatocellular Carcinoma market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.
- In-depth understanding of the pipeline development and recent happenings will provide a competitive edge over competitors.
- Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Eli Lilly and Co.
- Exelixis Inc.
- Tiziana Life Sciences
- CASI Pharmaceuticals
Key Topics Covered:
1. Key Insights 2. Hepatocellular Carcinoma Market Overview at a Glance 3. Disease Background and Overview: Hepatocellular Carcinoma 4. Epidemiology and Patient Population 5. Key Findings 6. Population and Forecast Parameters 7. Country Wise-Epidemiology of HCC 7.1. United States 7.2. EU5 Countries 7.3. Japan 7.4. China 8. Treatment Practices 9. Unmet Needs 10.Marketed Drug Analysis 10.1. Nexavar: Bayer HealthCare 10.2. Miripla: Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma 10.3. Opdivo: Bristol-Myers Squibb 10.4. Stivagra: Bayer Pharma 11.Emerging Therapies 12.Emerging Drugs Analysis 12.1. Lenvima: Merck/Eisai 12.2. Ramucirumab (Cyramza): Eli Lilly and Co. 12.3. Cabometyx: Exelixis Inc.. 12.4. Atezolizumab + Bevacizumab : (Roche) 13.Other Promising Candidates 13.1. Milciclib: Tiziana Life Sciences 13.2. Capmatinib: Eli Lilly and Co. 13.3. Palbociclib: Pfizer 13.4. ENMD2076: CASI Pharmaceuticals 14.Failure in Phase III Clinical trials for Hepatocellular Carcinoma 15.Hepatocellular Carcinoma [HCC]: G8 Countries Market Analysis 16.Key Findings 17.Market Outlook by Country 18.Market Drivers 19.Market Barriers 20.Appendix 21.Report Methodology 22.DelveInsight Capabilities 23.Disclaimer 24.About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.
LAS VEGAS, October 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ —